* Prices include GST
· I will be providing a prepared canvas for the Venetian technique and some lead white paint.
· One canvas of medium size, around 40cm x 50cm suggested
· Odourless turpentine (No other turps should be used for safety reasons)
· Small bottle of Stand Oil or refined Linseed Oil
For the full benefit of the Venetian technique only Artists quality paints should be purchased, but students quality can be used for some non-essential aspects if you already have them .
Cadmium Yellow Light if you can afford it. Otherwise another bright lemon- yellow
· Synthetic fibre Rounds (Taklon/Imitation sable). Suggested sizes: At least one of Size 1 and 2, and a number of 5 and 8
· Cheap bristle brushes one large one small.
This is the minimum. Oil painting requires a number of brushes, as cleaning is not easy, so the more the better.
Polly Wells is an award winning artist having won prizes in both the still-life and landscape painting genres. She has been a practicing artist for over thirty years, as well as a teacher and university lecturer. She has experimented with a number of styles over the years, with nature in its myriad forms as the subject matter. She is presently exploring the Venetian method of oil painting, returning to a traditional representational method, as practised during the Renaissance by artists such as Titian, and she is applying it in a contemporary still life context. Some of her recent work can be viewed at: http://www.1stavenuegallery.com.au/exhibition-1604-PollyWells.php